Saturday, February 25, 2017

Back to the exile again

Tin Maung Htoo and 2 others shared Naing Aung's post.
Naing Aung with Moethee Zun and Khin Ohmar.
21 hrs ·
Back to the exile again
My visa application to Burma is denied because I am blacklisted according to New York Myanmar Mission official. I was put into the black list after my return from Burma in early January 2015. I have tried to apply at least 3 times in Bangkok during 2015 and 2016, my application was returned without giving any specific reason. Now it become official that some of us including me and Ohmar are in blacklist. So announcement of NLD government that there is no restriction for travel of exile activists for political reason is not true.
I, on behalf of others in black list for political reasons, would like to request to NLD led democratic government to remove the political activists from blacklist and allow the return of them who wish to in recognising their citizen rights. I also would like to request to publicly announce the blacklist and not to leave this decision making power with interior ministry alone who is completely controlled by the army.
Dr. Naing Aung, former ABSDF chairman, isn't allowed to go back to Burma with his entry visa denied. That sounds not right! Personally, regardless of differences on some issues, his tireless efforts for democracy in Burma is remarkable. In fact, I foresee such outcome when he touched some 'hot-potato' issues. If the visa ban is for his safety, it's 'good out of bad'; otherwise, he should be allowed to go back to Burma, so are a number of other activists facing the same issue in exile.

No comments: